One requirement for new teen drivers in Florida, as a part of the GDL program, is to complete a Drug and Alcohol (TLSAE) course from a DHSMV-approved provider, prior to obtaining a learner’s permit. What you may not know is that all courses are not created equal. So, how do you choose? GDL Institute is proud to offer a course that’s not only available online 24/7, but a course that’s also fun, informative, and that will prepare you for driving independence. Here are some tips for choosing the best drug and alcohol course for you:
- Make sure to select a Florida DHSMV-approved course that meets state requirements. GDL Institute has been approved by the DHSMV to offer both the online Drug & Alcohol course, and also the online permit exam.
- Check course pricing and watch out for hidden fees. You’ve heard the old adage, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. GDL Institute includes audio narration, a printable certificate, and State of Florida fees in the $17.95 total course price.
- Not all courses are created equal. If you choose to take your Drug and Alcohol class online, make sure you are choosing a high-quality course for the best instruction, examples, and learning opportunities. We’ve designed our drug and alcohol course to be both fun and convenient. We’ve included a bookmarking feature, so you have the option to take the course in one sitting, or stop and start if you want to break it up in to smaller pieces. And, the best part? No cheesy clip art or course timers! Check out this video for more information on what sets out course apart from competitors.
- It helps to know exactly what you’ll be learning about and how it is presented, so you can be prepared. Want to learn more about the course content? Check out our course demo, and let us know what you think! You’ll be able to see the interface, test out the navigation, and review several of the course topics and videos included in the full version of the course.
- For added convenience, look for a course provider that offers both the Drug and Alcohol course and permit exam online. GDL Institute also offers the Florida DHSMV-approved online permit exam for customers who have completed their online Drug and Alcohol course. When you register for your online course, you’ll also have the option to purchase the Value Package which combines Drug & Alcohol course together with the permit exam for just $39.95, or just the written permit exam at a cost of $19.95. As a bonus, the Value Package includes practice exam questions, a parent/teen contract and new driver log forms. Why stress out about taking a test at the DMV when you can complete it in the privacy of your own home, and on your own time.
Still have questions? Let us know! Write to us at email@example.com or like us on Facebook and write on our Wall or send us a message.